What is covered?
Dues are necessary so there is enough money to cover the expected costs of providing a quality program. Specifically, the dues cover the following:
- Registration and Insurance (through Scouts BSA)
- All your kits for the year (Pinewood Derby and Popsicle Stick Bridge)
- Attendance to all the Pack events (Camping Expo, Hallowfest, Camping
Trips, Hikes, Scout Olympics, etc), including materials and snacks when applicable
- All the pins and badges your scout earns throughout the year
- Character and Life Skills to serve you and your child for decades to come
Some special programs and outings may have additional costs. We will notify you for those specific events.
Dues are subject to change each scouting year. As of October 2022, our pack dues for renewing Scouts are $170 per year (without the Scout Life magazine). (This amount reflects yearly fee increases imposed by both the National BSA and the Northern New Jersey Council.) With the Scout Life magazine, it's $185 per year. If paying through PayPal, there is a 4% surcharge to cover the PayPal fees.
BSA charges a onetime joining fee of $25 for all new program participants.
Newly registered Scouts will receive a Pack 335 t-shirt to be worn at special Pack events. If you are a returning Scout and would like to purchase more t-shirts, please contact your den leader.
What if I cannot afford the dues?
No scout will ever be turned away for financial reasons. If a family finds the dues difficult to pay, please contact any leader.
When do I pay?
- For returning Scouts, dues must be paid and registration must be completed by December 1st.
- For new Scouts, registration can be completed at any time. However, dues must be paid within 30 days of registration date.
- For insurance purposes, only registered scouts and their families will be permitted at scouting events after November 15th.
What about popcorn sales?
In addition to the Pack dues, we participate in a popcorn sales event each year. The revenue generated by this event is used to fund the Scouts BSA, Northern New Jersey Council as well as provide additional revenue for the Pack. The additional revenue is used to fund special outings for the boys and girls. We feel that rather than using the popcorn money to reduce pack dues, the boys and girls should be rewarded with special events for their hard work. The pack council regularly meets to discuss suggested outings. If you have a suggestion, please contact your den leader.
The popcorn sales program is managed by Camp Masters, which is only affiliated with Scouts BSA. For information on the program, as well as the rewards, please visit this page: Camp Masters
How do I pay?
There are two ways to pay pack dues.
- Pay by Check. Make the check payable to Pack 335. Please write the scout name(s) in the notes section of the check. Then, either give it to your den leader or bring it to a Pack event to give to the Pack Treasurer.
- Pay using PayPal by using the links below. The dues payment is per Scout. Add multiple payments to your cart for multiple children. Note: there is a 4% charge for paying through PayPal, to cover PayPal's fees.
- "Add to Cart" will take you to PayPal, where the cart is managed.
- Your Scout Life subscription(s) will be shipped to the address you registered with. If you want them to be shipped to another address please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.